- This event has passed.
Kindness: The Long Game and Ethiopian Cuisine
December 15, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$40.00
Join us for a pop-up dinner event at the Common Street Spiritual Center in Natick. Anne Lafleur, coach and founder of signsofkindness.org, will be leading us a conversation about the impact of kindness and how it leads to community of generous people in a generous city. We will discuss how the big and small acts of kindness, for people of all levels of community, Additionally enjoy authentic Ethiopian cuisine prepared by Asmait, an Ethiopian immigrant .
Asmait will be cooking the following Ethiopian delicacies:
- TIKKIL GOMEN: Braised cabbage cooked with potatoes and carrots, rendered with complex flavors by the herbs it is cooked with. [Vegan]
- MISSIR WOT: A spicy lentil stew, slow cooked to achieve the warm complex flavors infused with the famous Ethiopian Berbere spice. [Vegan]
- KIKA WOT: A mild lentil stew, slow cooked with Ethiopian herbs and spices. [Vegan]
- DELOTE: A flavorful mushroom dish lightly spiced with jalapeno. [Vegan]
- TIMATIM SELATA\: Tomato salad. [Vegan]
- KUNAFA: shredded phyllo dough with ricotta cheese and honey on top. [Dairy and gluten]
All dishes are served with injera bread [Gluten]. Note on possible dietary requirements: The MISSIR WOT is spicy. The other dishes are not. There are no nuts used in the cooking; however, the food is prepared in a kitchen where nuts are used.
This event is limited to thirty guests. Your seat at this event is not guaranteed until you receive a final confirmation email.
Early Bird Discount:
Save 15% off Seats Until Sunday, December 8th at 11:59pm. Use discount code: KIND15