- This event has passed.
The Third Way: Community Building and Ethiopian Cuisine
November 9, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm$40.00
Join us for a pop-up dinner event at the Reservoir Church in Cambridge. Lueh Soh will be leading us a conversation about the importance of organizing as a community. We discuss how gathering and creating communal tribes surrounding business topics, actions for political change and creating new ideas together, is beneficial now and in the long game. Additionally, you can enjoy authentic Ethiopian cuisine prepared by Asmait, an Ethiopian immigrant.
Asmait will be cooking the following Ethiopian delicacies:
- TIKKIL GOMEN: Braised cabbage cooked with potatoes and carrots, rendered with complex flavors by the herbs it is cooked with. [Vegan]
- MISSIR WOT: A spicy lentil stew, slow cooked to achieve the warm complex flavors infused with the famous Ethiopian Berbere spice. [Vegan]
- KIKA WOT: A mild lentil stew, slow cooked with Ethiopian herbs and spices. [Vegan]
- DELOTE: A flavorful mushroom dish lightly spiced with jalapeno. [Vegan]
- TIMATIM SELATA: Tomato salad. [Vegan]
- KUNAFA: shredded phyllo dough with ricotta cheese and honey on top. [Dairy and gluten]
All dishes are served with injera bread [Gluten]
NOTE ON POSSIBLE DIETARY REQUIREMENTS. The MISSIR WOT is spicy. The other dishes are not. There are no nuts used in the cooking; however, the food is prepared in a kitchen where nuts are used.
This event is limited to thirty guests. Your seat at this event is not guaranteed until you receive a final confirmation email.
Early Bird Discount:
Save 15% off Seats Until Friday, November 8th at 11:59pm
Use discount code: COMMUNITY15